Wednesday 14 April 2010

"Son, your father's an idiot"

I've just had a brief dad-to-sprog conversation with Jamie as I carried him over to nursery.

Well, it was more of a warning in truth.

And the crux of what I had to say was very simple:

"Son, your father's an idiot."

My confession relates back to yesterday morning and my decision to cook some bacon under the grill.

I proceeded to eat the aforementioned bacon in a muffin and it was very pleasant, thanks.

But it was about an hour later, when I was at work, that the problem became clear. Because I suddenly realised that I'd forgotten to turn the grill off.

Bugger.

So, what to do?

I had a meeting about half an hour later, so should I wait until after that?

No, I concluded, our house might be a crisp by then. I had to get home.

So I grabbed my jacket and shouted to the others in my office that I was off to quickly catch the train home and back, stopping only briefly to extinguish the grill.

But my extremely kind colleague Marie would have none of it - she was going to drive me home, and that was that.

Marie got her coat too, we ran across the car park, jumped in Marie's car and sped down the Leeds Road in the direction of my grill.

A little more than 10 minutes later we arrived.

I jumped out of the car, burst through my front door and leapt across the kitchen towards the grill.

Which was switched off.

Jamie's father's an idiot.

2 comments:

  1. Do I detect early signs of senility Barry?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just thought you might be interested in the translation of the above!

    Hui Ping Pei G said ...
    Chat Dating Dating Dating Dating ggo ggo chat dating free video video video video free adult video chat with beautiful lover 18 adult chat room video dating beautiful women dating babes video video video dating chat video dating web lover Museum of Erotic love chatting video chat adult web site video dating love chat rooms free video chat rooms free video net video babes lover erotic chat rooms free chat rooms Peas video video video dating adult visual beauty News video dating free video chat lover 18 adult chat room beautiful babes video chat dating video dating chat video dating web dating love, Valentine's video chat adult web video Museum of sexual love video dating network free video chat room chat rooms free video net video babes lover chat rooms erotic chat rooms Peas Dating Dating Chat Dating Chat Dating ggo ggo

    ReplyDelete