Monday 23 August 2010

Gay rabbit, anyone?

Jamie seems to be picking up new words and sayings every day now and generally, when he recites one, Vanessa and I react with pride and praise.

But yesterday's phrase of the day was a bit of a shocker. And even worse - it's stuck.

We had just finished dinner at his Grandad Geoff's last night and were beginning to gather up his bits and pieces prior to departure. Meanwhile, Jamie himself was getting restless.

In a generous attempt to keep him amused, Geoff's wife Suzi fired up the telly to search for some suitable kiddie programme to kill a few minutes.

And it was at this point that she stumbled across the Gay Rabbit channel.

A little bit of research has since revealed the Gay Rabbit channel to be, "the UK`s leading chat and date TV station on Freeview and is the place to come for fun, friends and lively chat, and where you can perhaps find a true partner for life." (So know you know).

However, on finding said channel, Suzi uttered, with some bemusement, the words, "Gay rabbits?!"

To be followed, a couple of seconds later, by Jamie announcing, much more loudly: "GAY RABBITS!!!"

Needless to say, the rest of us laughed and the more we laughed, the more he bellowed: "GAY RABBITS!!! GAY RABBITS!!!"

It was one of the last things he said before going to bed last night and, even worse, one of the first phrases he shouted this morning.

I have little doubt that gay rabbits will now play a significant part in our lives for some time to come.

5 comments:

  1. 10 years later, you receive a comment. I remember constantly watching Rabbit Chat & Date for pure entertainment. If I were the dating type of person, I would NEVER sign up for that. First of all, it was expensive to send texts in. Second, some of the TJ's (Text Jockeys) were rude, sarcastic and generally unpleasant. It went off air on 15th November, 2015. Surprised it lasted as long as it did. I'm guessing your boy is a teenager now? I hope you are all doing great.

    ReplyDelete
  2. How do I get on gay rabbit on my phone

    ReplyDelete
  3. I want gay rabbits is back on tv

    ReplyDelete
  4. I randomly remembered gay rabbit from 2010 and googled it and ended up here. I’m not gay but it was the next channel to another chat channel I often browsed.

    ReplyDelete