Saturday 30 October 2010

Our Leon? You're lyin'!

I've been a Coleraine Football Club fan for a lifetime, and I've watched Sky Sports' Soccer AM for as long as it's been on our screens.

But I never thought I'd see the day when a Coleraine player would appear on it.  This morning it happened.

His name is Leon Knight, he signed for Coleraine only a few weeks ago - his fourteenth club, despite the fact he's just 28 years old.  And he'd been booked to appear on the show before he joined the Bannsiders.

However, appear he did and he was great.  More importantly, he did a great PR job for my wee town and my wee club.  He was even asked to send in a Coleraine shirt to hang up on the famous studio wall.

He's played only two games for the Bannsiders thus far and didn't appear against Crusaders today as he was in London filming the programme live.  He's also very unlikely to stay at the club past the end of this season when his contract runs out.

But I think there's little doubt he's already a Coleraine legend.  Marvellous.  

No comments:

Post a Comment