Thursday 24 July 2008

Sleep would be nice


Only me.

A truncated night's sleep last night (can you guess why?) has left me feeling even more wrecked today than I was yesterday.

Just back from a full day's work, the obvious remedy is to lie down and close my eyes. But having foolishly signed up to run the Leeds Half Marathon in just over six weeks and seriously under-trained since Jamie arrived on the scene, I now have to go for a four mile run. After that, I need to cut the grass and carry out several other chores in advance of our next guests' arrival, namely my mum and big (yet tiny - ironic or what?) sister Jacquie.

But it'll be great to see them (although Jacquie's hard to spot). Equally exciting is the fact they've kindly offered to take over some Jamie duties to allow Vanessa and me to catch some zeds.

It certainly won't all be sleep, though, and quite right too. As well as yet another barbecue on Sunday (Jamie has insisted), we'll try and think of a few Yorkshire type things to do to ensure both ladies go home with no option but to tell people how nice we are.

They'll probably want to say something about Jamie too, but that's up to them.

No comments:

Post a Comment