Monday 13 April 2015

Up, up and WAHEY!

Well, that was fun.

We Whites are just back from three nights in a caravan.  I don't care much for tents, but caravans - with their roofs, windows, sofas, cookers, I could go on - will do for me.  And the kids like them too, which is kind of relevant in the spirit of a family holiday.

Even more of a bonus was that our caravan was in Northumberland.  I was privileged to play rugby for Northumberland Colts when I was a student in Newcastle.  (25 years ago, so almost yesterday).  And before home County Championship games, we used to stay in Tynemouth and toss a rugby ball about on the beach on the morning of a match.

This beach, in fact.

      
It was very good to be back.

Having got our caravan keys, it was time for Vinny's Disco.


Vinny was late but got his tail and his permasmile into gear eventually.


Before the bingo got under way. 


Whilst Charlotte gave interviews.


Next day, it was off to Alnwick Castle.

Where Jamie was knighted.


Before marching off to war.


But the highlight was yet to come.

Flying on a broomstick.


I'll try that again.  Flying on a broomstick.


Dreams do come true.