Monday 28 November 2016

Jamie's special day of fun


With Vanessa and Charlotte in County Durham for a mums and daughters adventure weekend, Jamie and I chose to have some fun of our own.  Being cavemen.

YABBA DABBA DO!  


Go-karting was our first indulgence. 


I hadn't driven a go-kart in years. And I'd be lying if I said I didn't enjoy destroying him and everyone else in my racing line (the oldest of which was 12, according to his grandmother). 


What a hero.

And then it was lunchtime with a heavy chicken flavour.

First at KFC (my favourite).


Before I invited Jamie to be assaulted in full public view by Billy the Bantam, the official mascot of Bradford City FC. 


And the fun was still only halfway through.

Next, it was off to the IMAX at the National Media Museum for Fantastic Beasts And Where To Find Them. Well worth a watch if you have 133 minutes to spare (plus ads and trailers).


Back in Guiseley, we ended our day with traditional man fayre of steak and chips (my other favourite) the sofa and rugby on the telly.  Ireland were playing Australia. And the good guys won, making my day complete.


Let's hope Jamie enjoyed his day too.

No comments:

Post a Comment