Wednesday 17 May 2017

Celebrate (this party's not over)

Greetings, dear readers. Did you miss me? Sorry? 

Well I kind of missed you, which gives me the moral high ground.

I've been away, you see, back to my native land.  There were some sporting events on and I thought it best not to miss them.

First up was the Irish Cup Final.

BloggerImage

Sadly my beloved Coleraine lost 3-0. 

But, well, we made the best of it.

BloggerImage

Next up were the North West 200 motorbike races, which I go back for every year.

BloggerImage

That's Guy Martin you can see above during Tuesday's practice session. He's on the telly quite a lot drinking tea.

I got so close to the action because my mate John made me an official marshal for the day.  

BloggerImage

I've never felt so important. Me and the lads, like.

BloggerImage

You may have noticed that the weather was good that day, as it was for most of my 10 days and nine nights on the Causeway Coast.

BloggerImage

This demanded a celebration.

BloggerImage

But, come race day on Saturday, the rain came.

BloggerImage

Of course it did. But the racing was still great. 

Which was surely a cause for another celebration.

BloggerImage

I'll be back over again soon.

When I look forward to a celebration.

BloggerImage

I'll think of a reason nearer the time.

BloggerImage

And, who knows, I might even squeeze some work in.

BloggerImage

No comments:

Post a Comment