Saturday 21 March 2020

Gogglerocks


Just when I needed a little lift, she came back into my life once again.  Yes, Debbie Gibson was on this week's episode of Top of the Pops 1989 to remind me of my Electric Youth.  (A little quip for fellow Debsters there).     

It looks like we'll all be staring at screens more than normal over the next six months and, to be fair, there are more options around than I realised.

I mentioned in my last post that Snow Patrol's Gary Lightbody was about to perform a live show on Instagram. And he did just that.


If you missed it and don't hate Snow Patrol, you can watch Part 1 here  and Part 2 here

I do like that boy. 

Since then, I've discovered what - to me at least - is a new phenomenon called Zoom.  (I appreciate that you probably knew about it long ago).  

It's that Skype type thing that people have been talking about which enables you to be in a "virtual pub" (as long as you have beer in).  

Last night we tried it with friends (the kids had Pepsi Max).


And much fun was had.  Other virtual pub trips are already in the planning. 


And Rock the Lockdown has just started on Facebook, "spreading the love though the joy of live music from amazing artists performing your very own front room festival."

It runs today and tomorrow and, if it's good, is bound to be repeated.

You can watch it here. I'm just about to.  

No comments:

Post a Comment