Monday 6 July 2020

Half-cut


Jamie and I had our long-awaited post-lockdown haircuts today and, in my case, it did not go as planned.   

The barber cut the sides but, for some reason, seemed to forget to cut the top - and I forgot to notice.

The result was that I came home looking not unlike Michael Portillo.



Worse still, Charlotte took one glance and announced that I resemble a hammerhead shark.


A bit harsh, surely.

This was us yesterday when we put gel in our hair and combed it back for a laugh. 


But I'm not sure I look that different (other than the hangover face I was wearing after a well-hydrated weekend).

In need of some form of comfort,  I'm reminded of that well-worn quip: 

Q. "What's the difference between a good haircut and a bad haircut?"

A, "About a fortnight."

So I'll go back soon.      

I hope you have better luck when it's your turn to face a scissoring. 

No comments:

Post a Comment