Saturday 1 August 2020

Spacers


There they go, the intrepid high wire artists about to spend the following three hours fumbling around on the edge of space -  or high ropes assault course to you and me.  They'll eventually return to Planet Earth via a zip wire.

And me?  Not a chance.  I'm watching the FA Cup Final.  Yes, my team Arsenal are playing.  But that's not the real reason.  Heights are not for me.  And neither is publicly soiling myself in front of a wife and two children who already don't respect me.

Earlier today we went on yet another walk, this time to Orrest Head where the views of Lake Windermere were spectacular. 


Charlotte was a little bit bored by this stage and chose to use binoculars to watch Vanessa and Jamie marvel at the scene rather than get too close herself.


At least she was able to see more than if she'd been sitting on this bench placed behind a big tree.


The weather has been OK today, which is always more than acceptable to us.

But yesterday it was, well, 30-odd degrees with full sun.  We could barely believe it.

We visited William Wordsworth's house.


The kids went for a paddle.


And later they had for their first swim in a proper pool since the start of lockdown. 

Luckily Vanessa and I found an ideal place to watch them in action (on the other side of the glass).


The weather was so exciting that Jamie and I put on our party shirts to celebrate, whilst Charlotte had a chocolate sundae.


I'd better be off now as I've got football to watch and beer to drink.   I really hope the rest of the family don't have nightmares tonight because I'm bound to be tired.      

No comments:

Post a Comment