Sunday 27 May 2012

Ask a silly question


I was up very early this morning to take Jamie out for a run on my bike. 

I say run but he just has to sit there.  Easy life.

We've never been out on the public roads before, principally because, until the last two weeks, I hadn't ridden a bike for ages and thought it best not to risk killing us both. 

But today, I took the plunge and all went well.

To be fair, it was Sunday morning and there were few cars around.  This enabled Jamie and I to have a number of enlightening conversations.  But he saved his best comments till last.

We initially headed out towards Leeds Bradford airport, an area with which he isn't entirely familiar, before turning for home.

Upon reaching Guiseley town centre, I thought I would test his local geography.

"Do you know where you are?" I asked.

"Yes," he replied, confidently.

"Where are you?"

"I'm right behind you, Daddy."