Saturday 24 March 2018

Best to Take It Easy

I had an apicectomy this morning. 

"What's an apicectomy, Barry?"  I'm glad you asked. 

I'll hand you over to the British Dental Health Foundation, who describe it as follows:

An apicectomy is a surgical procedure to remove the top of the root of a dead tooth within the jaw bone and then seal the end with a filling. 

"So what exactly do they do, Barry?"  Again, back to the British Dental Health Foundation.

The procedure involves making a small incision in the gum above the tooth and the end of the root is cleaned and trimmed. Sometimes an additional seal (a retrograde root filling) is added to the end of the root. An apicectomy is usually carried out under a local anaesthetic, but sometimes sedation or a general anaesthetic may be required. 

I only had a local because I'm as hard as eggs, sorry, nails.

The dentist told me afterwards that I was "a bit of a bleeder."  Once she'd wiped the streams of blood from my chin, I told her she was "a bit of a b*stard" and there was no need to be so rude.

Stitches tightly in place, she then put me on antibiotics for the next five days.  Gutted.

But she added: "You'll be pleased to know that they are the ones you can have alcohol with."  Love her.

She then added more: "But not until tomorrow." Hate her again.

To be fair, it might be a blessing in disguise. Jamie and I are off to Guiseley Theatre tonight to see Eagles tribute band "Motel California."

And given the amount of wine I had when we went to see Liam Gallagher a few months ago, perhaps it's best I stay on Diet Coke.

     BloggerImage

No comments:

Post a Comment