Sunday 11 August 2019

Winds of change

We’ve reached the end of phase one of our road trip and it’s a case of so far, so windy.

Yesterday we scaled this monstrosity.


It was worse than it looks, especially in the teeth of gale force winds.


The prize at the end was to see this, Durdle Door.


It was a lot more impressive up close. Well worth the effort.

Then we went to nearby Dorchester to get soaked.


Although Jamie, ever the Yorkshireman, did acquire a job lot of strawberries for a pound.


Today was centred around Weymouth and, I must say, we were dead impressed.

It reminded me of a mini-Brighton. The sun even came out.


The kids made a sand version of me when I’m dead.


(Jamie’s hands are covering my “modesty,” which I appreciated).

Then Charlotte became a mermaid...


 ...with Jamie mermanning it.


Back at base...


... we had a BBQ with Jamie chefing for the very first time.


He even washed up afterwards.


Recently elected Assistant Patrol Leader by his fellow Scouts, I’m beginning to wonder if he thinks Bear Grylls can see every one of his good deeds.

Tomorrow will herald the start of a different experience and the central plank of our holiday. I’ll explain next time.

No comments:

Post a Comment