Saturday 29 May 2010

The changing of the (drinking) seasons

Whilst the weather might be sh*t across the country this particular weekend, June is now almost upon us and changes in our everyday lives are having to be implemented.

I no longer have to dig out a tee shirt to wear under my suit when I go to work, for example.

I now have to cut the grass every ten days, which makes me really happy (GRRRRR!)

Vanessa has changed our duvet from something like one squillion tog to just a few dozen (or something like that).

And, most notable of all, I have changed my "usual" from Guinness to lager.

In the same way that rugby and football are winter sports and, in the summer, it's all about cricket (and, OK, football because the World Cup's on, but don't be pedantic), Guinness is clearly a cold weather drink which is just a little too heavy to consume during the summer months.

So, for the foreseeable future, it's Heineken, Carling, Carlsberg, Miller, Corona, Sol, Foster's, Cobra, San Miguel and Budweiser for me - and one for yourself.

No comments:

Post a Comment