Sunday 25 March 2012

I am the champion


Something of a turn-up today when I managed to win the local six-mile Sport Relief run in nearby Menston. 

However, two factors may played a part in this unexpected outcome.

First, there were only three people doing the six-mile version - me and two girls who appear to have ticked the wrong box on the entry form.    

And second, my final lap of the course did seem quite a bit shorter after I think I took a wrong turn.

But, you know, a win is a win and the mitigating circumstances which may have influenced the result will be forgotten as the years go on. I guarantee it.

Congratulations to those in the gaggle pictured above who took it upon themselves to complete either one or three miles, raising plenty of money for a very good cause.

This afternoon's healthy activity was in stark contrast to my behaviour over the past couple of days when, essentially, I drank a lot.

Last night our friends Paul and Mandy came round to watch Coleraine Football Club lose horribly on Sky Sports.


Both of these fine individuals are due to run the Boston Marathon in a few weeks' time and, despite the overindulgence, got up this morning to run 18-20 miles in preparation.  (Yes, really). 

And on Friday, Vanessa and I were privileged to attend the wedding of two other friends, Sarah and Chris, at Gisborough Hall in North Yorkshire.

 
Anyone who knows me reasonably well will understand that when I say I danced, it means I had a few - and I did, so I did. But it was a great night. 

And what about this for a memorable wedding shot?


Needless to say they weren't posing for me, but thank you again to the nice cameraman who kind of let me hang over his shoulder (whilst he shouted "Look at MY camera!" with more than a hint of irritation.  Sh*t happens).