Tuesday 5 February 2013

What a gay day


With apologies for going slightly off piste, I've got to get something off my chest.

As I write, the debate on same sex marriage is underway in the House of Commons.  And the media is crammed with hard-faced supposedly Christian folk doing and saying some particularly ungodly things.

For example, the man above (not the one in Heaven) wasn't invited to gatecrash a BBC interview outside Parliament a few minutes ago, but he felt he had the right to do so anyway.

Earlier today, I read some comments from Conor Burns, an openly gay Tory MP, who was yet to make up his mind on whether or not to support the Marriage (Same Sex Couples) Bill to change the law in England and Wales.

He said: "The whole thing is deeply unpleasant and people are saying things that you wouldn’t say to people you despised or hated...I don’t know what kind of God some of those people who have contacted me from religious groups believe in – but he’s certainly not compassionate or loving.” 

Well said him - and thank you, dear reader, for your indulgence.