Friday 6 January 2017

Familiar faces Roll back into Mary Pat's


I wrote yesterday that I'd been to two outstanding gigs in Northern Ireland over New Year.

I'll begin with the second one - held exactly a week ago tonight - headlined by some old friends in a very familiar place.

Yes, Roll With It were back in Mary Pat's in my native Macosquin for an intimate show.  No Big Marquee this time.  It was up close and personal.


It came about thanks to their absolute decency and the persuasive skills of the one and only Robert Todd who you can see below sneaking out for a cool down.  (I can't wait for his next trick, with details to be revealed here soon).


When I tell you that just two nights earlier, Roll With It wowed a 900-strong sell-out crowd in their home city of Belfast, you'll appreciate what a huge gesture it was by them to come to Macosquin.

 
When they first played in the village in August 2015, they were relatively unknown although certainly on the up.

They are now firmly established as Ireland's outstanding Oasis tribute band.  They're also the best part-time live act I've seen.

I have no doubt that they would be equally successful on this side of the Irish Sea and I'd love them to give it a go.

But for now, if you live on Emerald Isle, I'd urge you to see them wherever you can.  Here are some dates and venues to choose from in the coming months.  

 
That's Nick on the left, Mark on the right.


They're madferit.

No comments:

Post a Comment