Tuesday 12 December 2017

Flashback fever

BloggerImage

I went to see Charlotte's school Christmas production yesterday afternoon, and was thrilled to do so.  She played the part of a Malawian resident and did herself proud.

Had it been a year ago yesterday, I couldn't have gone.  I was in bed with what I thought was a fever.

Move the clock on to a year ago today and, at this precise moment, my left arm was in the state you can see below as I sat for seven and a half hours in a Leeds General Infirmary waiting room.   

BloggerImage

This was my right hand. 

BloggerImage

And this was what I did with it each night for four nights when I finally got a bed.

BloggerImage

Thankfully my operation went well. 

BloggerImage

I could even smile about it afterwards.

BloggerImage

Having had our car stolen the previous week, last December didn't go quite as well as we'd hoped.

We intend to have a lot more fun this time around.

No comments:

Post a Comment