Wednesday 25 August 2010

DC and me

I heard yesterday's news about the latest Prime Ministerial baby whilst travelling home from work and, I have to say, it really shook me up.

Yes, I'm delighted for David and Samantha Cameron, particularly after the tragedy of losing their son - "that" picture of Mr Cameron kissing his little boy still gets me every time.

But it was the sheer joy in his voice at the reality of being a father again that truly jolted my mind into overdrive.

It's now less than four months before Vanessa gets the chance to shoot another sprog out (and three if she's as early as SamCam).

And whilst I do think about that prospect fairly frequently throughout the average day, I sometimes do "forget."

But David Cameron's excitement has now got me personally very excited indeed (feel free to join in).

As an aside, I must concede I'm not bowled over by the happy couple's name choice - Florence Rose Something-Cornish - and I doubt White Jnr will be having any of those (especially if it's a boy).

However, there is one similarity between the Prime Minster's situation and my own; like him, my role in choosing the name of our baby will be advisory rather than decision-making.

Because whilst Vanessa may not be wearing any pants when the big moment comes, she'll still be wearing the trousers.

No comments:

Post a Comment