Friday 6 August 2010

Frank observations

It's August, the time of the year when, like many people, I generally manage to cram in about four books - before not reading again for another 11 months.

However, given the amount of time I'm spending on the train these days, I've actually been flying through many more pages than usual.

Over the last three weeks, I've read Chris Evans' autobiography (I like Chris Evans), Peter Kay's second autobiography (I like Peter Kay) and started Frankie Boyle's autobiography (I think I like Frankie Boyle).

Unlike the first two which are happy and uplifting, Frankie Boyle's book is a bit more on the dark side (its title, "My Shit Life So Far" kind of gives that away).

However, there are a couple of standout lines in the chapters I've completed that I thought I'd share with you (feel free to surf across to something more interesting if you've already "done" Frankie).

On the Pope:

"The Pope has said that condoms don't help prevent the spread of AIDS. Someone ought to tell His Holiness that he must be putting them on wrong."

And on Susan Boyle:

"A cafe owner said he saw her face in a slice of toast. So what? Every day I see her face in my toilet bowl."

OK, so I do like Frankie Boyle.

No comments:

Post a Comment