Tuesday 9 August 2011

I'm having a riot


My DIY week isn't going as well as I'd hoped.

Or, to put it another way, it's going just as badly as I'd feared.

To summarise, I had a little too much whiskey on Friday evening, effectively wiping Saturday from the calendar. 

Then, on Sunday, after fixing one of the two leaky taps, my cack-handed efforts made the other considerably worse.  Decorating was yet to get underway.

On Monday, I managed to find a reasonably priced plumber and booked him in to fix the terminally ill tap.  However, whilst waiting for him, I managed to break the toilet handle  - and he ended up with two jobs (and me two bills) instead of one. Excellent.

Also yesterday, during which no decorating was done, Vanessa blew a fuse in our old-style fuse box (which I didn't previously realise we'd been lumbered with) leaving us with no lights in two rooms until teatime tonight after I'd worked out how to fix it and got my unskilled hands on a replacement fuse. 

Also tonight, the "repaired" tap broke again and I've had to ask the plumber to come back again tomorrow.

But on the upside, decorating did get underway shortly before lunchtime today.  Kind of.  Although you may note that "some" wallpaper stripping remains to be completed. And then I need to buy some paint. And then I need to slap it on the ceiling and on the walls. And then I need to slap it on the ceiling and on the walls again.

I love being on holiday.

No comments:

Post a Comment