Friday 16 October 2015

Tables turned - tummy full

Good evening friends and I hope your weekend is set fair.

At this early stage, I'm feeling surprisingly positive about mine - despite the odds being against me.

My little jaunt off to Cardiff last weekend is being repaid as Vanessa has this afternoon headed across to the Lake District armed with a magnum of Prosecco.  (She can tell you the rest).  And as far as our children's development between now and Sunday is therefore concerned, I'm in charge.

Well, I say that. Jamie is actually in absentia this evening, on a sleepover - and no doubt having much more fun than I can provide.

So for one night only, it's just Charlotte and me.

Needless to say, Vanessa left me clear instructions - with little expectation that any of my objectives would be delivered.  Top of the list was to make sure him and her eat properly.

And I'm thrilled to report an unexpected development.

I told Miss White she could have whatever she wanted for tea.  Anything at all.  Totally up to her.  As long as she ate up.  I wasn't arsed.  But please eat up.

And in what can only be described as a wasted opportunity on her part, she chose macaroni cheese in Morrisons' cafe. (She's from Yorkshire)

Voila.


But here's the thing.  She fulfilled her brief.


If you're watching Vanessa, MEH!!!!!!

A great start for Princess Charlotte, even if I do say so myself.  Let's hope she doesn't turn into a pumpkin before Sunday.