Thursday 28 April 2016

Almost built - and they are coming


In just 24 hours the crowds will descend on the grounds of Mary Pat's Bar in Macosquin for Big Marquee Weekend II.

And I can't wait.

Tomorrow is dance night - not my natural genre, as anyone who knows me will be painfully aware - headlined by Scotland's top-ranked DJ Mallorca Lee (he seems nice), with support sets from Craig Dalzell, Tizer and Booshanty.  Sick. 


The village will be transformed into Madchester on Saturday, and it's the moment I've been looking forward to ever since the line-up was announced.  Because after live wire Coleraine band Cellar Door get the crowd properly madferit, Belfast Oasis dead ringers Roll With It (who hate the sunshiiiiine) will return to the stage they owned at last year's inaugural event.  


Seriously, they were magnificent, as their video shot in the Big Marquee simply proves. (See if you can spot Vanessa doing her Bez impression).   


And that won't be the end of the Saturday night fun, hell no.  As all the way from Glasgow, it'll be time for the original Stone Roses tribute act, Resurrection, to bring the night to a massive end. 

   
Sorted.  

The weekend will conclude with the now traditional foot-tapping Sunday afternoon and evening of Irish country music, headlined by Lee Matthews whose self-penned number one hit ‘The Irish Way’ was named Best Original Single at last week’s Hot Country Awards.  


(He used to be in a boy band, you know).

There will even be the chance to a ride on a mechanical rodeo bull.  I'll have to see how my back is. 

I fly over with Jamie and Charlotte straight after the school pick-up tomorrow (they'll be granny-sat whilst I'm having my fun)

And luckily there are still a few tickets left if you call into Mary Pat’s, Card Land in Coleraine, Lou’s Boutique in Ballymoney, Jingles of Portrush or telephone 028 7034 4659 and pay by card.  Day tickets are £10 on Friday, and £15 on Saturday and Sunday.   You can also buy a two-day ticket for £25. Cheap if you ask me, and it's normal bar prices.

I look forward to seeing you there.  (Guinness if it's early, Tennent's if it's late).

No comments:

Post a Comment