Tuesday 3 May 2016

Macosquin rocks as Mary Pat's does it again


Proving once more that hard work and ingenuity make the perfect cocktail, Big Marquee Weekend II was indeed a massive, roaring, joyous success.

The three-day music festival got off to a regal start on Friday evening when Lizzy Todd, the Mayor of Macosquin, performed the official opening duties before inviting Scotland's top DJ, Mallorca Lee, to take to the decks.

 
It was Madchester night on Saturday with original Stone Roses tribute band Resurrection topping the bill.


And they were terrific.

But for me, returning Oasis dead ringers Roll With It stole the show once again.


They're as good as it gets, and the Big Marquee Weekenders loved every single second of their show.

And on Sunday, Irish country's leading light Lee Matthews and his five-piece band brought a glorious festival to an end with two hours of genius in front of a full house crowd.

  
Huge congratulations to my oldest friend Drew "Steady" Hutchinson (below), Robert Todd, Lizzy Todd, Hughie Hamiliton, Thomas Kay and everyone else at Mary Pat's for that they achieved.


Even bigger and better next year?   Almost certainly.  And I for one look forward to being there again.


(I hope you like my country music shirt.  Sadly I couldn't fit my cowboy hat into my suitcase).

No comments:

Post a Comment