Thursday 25 September 2008

Down the gym


A bad old start to the day after Jamie woke up with a bit of a fever.

The poor little bloke had his second set of jabs yesterday and, according to Vanessa, yelped when the needles went in but was otherwise fine.

However, last night he started to get unsettled so we pumped him full of Calpol. And then this morning, he was burning up so we pumped him again.

He's now snuggled down in his cosy sleep bag on the sofa and all seems calm. For a little while at least.

Meanwhile, I'm just back from my first proper session in the gym at Pudsey Leisure Centre and, whilst the facilities there are good, I was very quickly reminded of why I've always hated the gym so much.

I must've been a member of about eight different gyms down the years. And whilst I do tend to go after joining, I just get so bored.

You set there on a machine and you lift a weight 10 or 15 times. Then you stop. Then you do it again. Boooorrrriiiinnnnngggggg.

Or you run on the treadmill for however many minutes and don't actually get anywhere (it's worse when you're facing the window). Same thing on the rowing machine. Dull, dull, dull, dull, DULL!

Unfortunately, after all the running I've been doing over the last year or so, both my knees are weak so drastic action was needed i.e. come off the roads for a while and try to stay fit some other way. And whilst I HATE the gym (have I mentioned that?) I see no alternative at present.

On the up side, earlier today I bought five new tee-shirts and a new pair of shorts in a conscious attempt to raise my enthusiasm. But, whilst I undoubtedly looked the part, I ended up feeling somewhat on the warm side.

Perhaps I'll just wear the one tee-shirt when I go back to the gym on Saturday.

No comments:

Post a Comment