Sunday 15 January 2012

It's curtains for us


The final piece in the jigsaw which is our redecorated living room arrived yesterday in the form of our new curtains - loving crafted by hand by my mother.  And they look great. 

However, whilst my mum's brilliance as a curtain-maker should really have been the most challenging aspect of making our front window look nice, it didn't appear that way to me.  Because I still had to put our new curtain rail up.  

Indeed, I fretted about it all last night.  I am a man of few gifts, you see.  And something I don't possess is the ability to cause anything other than destruction with a drill.  

Getting out of bed this morning, I decided there was nothing else for it; I had to get another man in.

So, dear friends, meet Jonathan.


Jonathan, who also happens to be my brother-in-law, is a man who knows about lots of things - one of which is putting up curtain rails.

And, well...


...just have a look...


....for yourself.


My relief at a potential domestic disaster being averted was matched only by Jamie's admiration for his uncle.

At times I cannot help but wonder what my son thinks I'm actually for.