Friday 6 April 2012

40th Birthday - Part I

On the left you can see an "image" of me.

It was once a simple, gormless picture of a simple, gormless me.  But then Wee John got at it. 

And whilst I may be both simple and gormless, I am not yet bald.  (I repeat, yet). 

This simple fact did not stop Wee John taking it upon himself to arrange for something like a dozen tee-shirts to be made, each one bearing this "image," to mark my 40th birthday.

All sorts were seen wearing them over the course of the big day and evening.

For example, all self-respecting football fans will remember ex-Premier League striker Dean Windass.

Here he is during his Middlesbrough days.


And here he is again, last Saturday, accepting his Bald Barry tee-shirt from Wee John and his brother Charlie (aka Uncle Pig).


Words fail me now, just as much as they failed me when Wee John first showed me the picture.   So I'll leave it there.