Thursday 19 April 2012

Poor header


It's now two weeks since I went to see a stand-in dentist with a polite request for her to sort out my wonky front crown. She refused.  Still hate her. 

However, today is the day that the nice receptionist told me to come back to see my regular dentist (who, as it happens, put the crown in wrongly in the first place.  Heartening stuff.)

But now I have an additional problem.  I was cooking dinner on Sunday evening and was a touch bored.  So I kind of headbutted the dining room door. 

It wasn't a big headbutt and I still can quite recall why I did it.  I thought I was being amusing, I remember that, and was attempting to illustrate some no doubt "hilarious" point.  But the exact nature of said "hilarious" point continues to escape me. 

The problem is, as soon as my head connected with the door, I felt a sharp pain in my one of my remaining teeth.  And, three and a half days later, a dull ache - I think they call it "toothache"in the trade - continues to linger. 

Given that I'm going to be in the dentist's chair in less than two hours, I think it best to mention it.  But I might leave out the preamble.