Tuesday 17 April 2012

No cold comfort


I love my children, never more so than when they look like they are above - i.e asleep.

Tonight, Vanessa is in London and I've been in sole charge.  And sleeping has not been on the agenda for either him or her.  I'm too nice, that's what I am.  And weak.  And occasionally really rather stupid.

Meanwhile, I've been out to heat up our fridge. 

To explain, just prior to Christmas, I "revealed" that the fridge in our garage (otherwise known as my beer fridge) had packed up.

A bit of research led me to discover that the cold weather had been responsible for the malfunction.  And that for a fridge to work properly, the near surrounds have to be rather warm. 

I decided not to worry about this over the winter months, but it's spring time now.  Plus, Morrisons has Häagen-Dazs on offer.

Tonight I bought two tubs and went into the garage with the aim of depositing them in the fridge (/freezer).  But, to my horror, the freezer section of our fridge(/freezer) wasn't doing what it should (i.e. freeze things).  So I was forced to improvise by sticking on a blow heater in an effort to encourage the fridge(/freezer) to get down (in temperature).

It didn't work out.

I'm very glad that the Häagen-Dazs (at Morrisons) is currently so cheap.