Saturday 14 April 2012

I'm back - as others bid farewell


Apologies to anyone who happened to notice that I haven't updated this guff for a few days.  I've been a physical wreck for the past three weeks or so and have struggled to muster either the energy or enthusiasm to do very much.  Not sure why, but there you go. 

That said, a trip to Tumble Town in Guiseley with him and her first thing this morning has invigorated me somewhat, so here I am again.  I hope I find you well. 

Unfortunately, it is a bit of a sad day today as our friends Graham and Hayley and their kids Cleve and Nell - who visited our humble abode last weekend - are due to return to Australia at around 10 o'clock tonight.   I would much prefer it if they remained in their native land, but that's only me being selfish.

Anyway, I can't let them go without showing you one of my all-time favourite photos.  Graham is Paul Weller's number one fan.  He loves the bloke.  For him, the Modfather is the Godfather of all. 

A few years ago, a very young Graham got to meet his hero.   And, save for a brief period, he has carried a picture capturing that special moment around with him. 

When we went out for a few pints last Sunday evening, I asked to see his most prized possession one more time.  And Graham was only too happy to oblige.

 
You want a closer look?  Well, OK, saying it's you.

 
Let's hope it's not too long before Graham and family are back amongst us once again.

Safe home, my friend.