Wednesday 2 January 2013

A new resolve

 

Two days into 2013, how are you getting with your New Year's resolutions?

I'm doing OK, thanks for asking.  But that might have something to do with the nature of my primary goal. 

Giving up smoking isn't for me, mainly because I've never smoked. 

Abstain from drinking?  Bugger off, not even for January.  (Indeed, as some wise person once told me, January is the month when alcohol is needed most).

No, my main resolution for 2013 is to watch more (not necessarily very good) films that you've probably seen and I never have.  

In the last 72 hours (I started a day early) I've sat through The Sound of Music, Mary Poppins, The Wizard of Oz and Up. 

Next on my list are Invictus and Senna.  And then I might even get round to watching a James Bond flick - I can only recall ever seeing one. 

What I gain from all of this, I'm not quite sure.  Perhaps I'll end up as a director.  But I probably won't.