Wednesday 16 January 2013

Whither the weather

A couple wintry weather-themed sightings that I wanted to share with you.

First, I appreciate that we're living in a time of austerity, but I hadn't realised that the cutbacks had hit gritting services in Guiseley quite so badly.  This hi-tech piece of machinery meandered past me at 2mph early this morning.


The White Family Salt Cellar is now under lock and key in case it's requisitioned.

Second, I don't know if you caught the weather forecast on tonight's BBC Six O'Clock News.  But when it came to Friday's outlook, I kind of got the impression that the duty weatherman was covering all eventualities regarding what might happen on the British mainland.


If you're a Northern Ireland-based licence fee payer and a flake of snow falls there, you should sue.