Wednesday 12 November 2014

Proper Charley


It's a jaw-dropping day for many on Planet Earth with news that some hairy Europeans have managed to land a dishwasher on a comet travelling at 30,000 mph.  Who'd have thought.

But that's nothing compared to what Vanessa and I were told at Jamie and Charlotte's parents' evening just a little earlier.

Whilst both are reported to be doing well in their respective endeavours, it seems their behaviour is a little different under the school/nursery roof than at home.

Here, their joint presence is like having the TV and radio on simultaneously with the volume at full blast.  

But at Guiseley Infant and Nursery School, their teachers/carers advise that they are relatively quiet in comparison with many other inmates.  This has come as something of a shock.

Let me give you an example of why.  With Jamie at Beavers tonight, I was making tea for Charlotte and chose to address her as 'Charley Farley' (as I do from time to time).

"My teacher doesn't call me Charley Farley," she enunciated without a breath.

"She says, 'Good morning, Charlotte.'  Can I have my tea now please?!"

That's my Charley Farley.