Thursday 2 July 2015

Bright White

I'm a sucker for a good new-fashioned online discount voucher.    

So, when I got a magazine through from a well-known online sports shop containing my very own discount code, I got excited.

I needed to buy a new pair of running shoes, you see.  And because I run in a "particular way" (all down to the war wounds), I always get the same ones - although I do try to buy a different colour each time for the sheer thrill of it.

Which brings me to my point.

I wanted a navy pair this time, but they only had size 13.5 and I'm an 11.  I was therefore stuck with the other colour available.  And they were, well, a little "different."  But still, they were in the sale and I had my discount voucher so what the heck.

I added them to my cart and went to pay.  Bugger, I was £8 short of the limit for free delivery - which cost £5.99.  So I added three pairs of running socks - which were the same colour as my new "different" trainers - and went to pay.  Clever me.

Before putting in my payment details, I added my discount code.  Double bugger.  My 15% off took me back under the free delivery line - a bit tight that, I'd say - so I had to buy something else.  I quickly chose a running tee shirt, again in the same "different" colour.  And I paid.

My "free" delivery arrived on Tuesday and I'm looking forward to trying everything out.  But tonight I let Charlotte have first go.

  
I think I'll look great and not in the least like a 6'2" luminous streak of, er, banana.