Wednesday 25 May 2016

A can of Guinness at the end of the Rainbow


Being a parent educates you in all sorts of ways.

For example, until recently I was completely unaware of the very existence of Rainbows.

Not the rainy, watery type that make us think of Noah; we have plenty of those in Yorkshire.

No, I mean the junior Brownie ones who do fun things and look all cute.

Charlotte joined up a few weeks ago and tonight was the night she made her Rainbow Promise.

She began by walking through the tunnel.


Before it was fingers in the air and away we go.


Repeat after me:

"I promise that I will do my best to think about my beliefs and to be kind and helpful."   

Well done, you get a badge. As did Charlotte.


And three of her friends.


Good for them.

And to prove how kind and helpful she now is, Charlotte has just brought me a Guinness.


Rainbows rock.

No comments:

Post a Comment