Monday 20 November 2017

Going down the local - Guiseley style


I've said many times on here that it all happens in Guiseley and, once again, the town has led whilst the nation waits to follow.

Despite the best obstructive efforts of two NIMBYfied Tory councillors who only ever appear here at election time, a new bar called The Potting Shed is due to open in Guiseley next month.  And many of us are most excited by the prospect.

But they've just been beaten to the punch - by our local supermarket.

Yes, Morrisons - my second home - has opened a new in-store bar.  Serving a range of beers and wines, "Barista" (as it's been named) is the only supermarket in the entire United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland to offer shoppers the chance to sup.

I thought it was a joke when I first heard.  And then I read the papers.


I've not stopped smiling since because I'm sad, shallow and predictable.

I haven't had my first pint in there yet but we've some visitors coming this weekend who are famously fond of a good night out.

And when in cutting edge Guiseley....

No comments:

Post a Comment