Thursday 9 November 2017

Grappling, glamping and GAWA

Greetings all, it's been a while since we last spoke.  No particular reason, I've just been a bit lazy and lacking in inspiration.  And if I've got nothing of particular interest to say, why would you want to hear it?  You wouldn't - so I haven't.

I've been feeling a bit more sparky today and there are good reasons.

First, last night I took the kids to their - and my - first ever WWE Live wrestling experience.

Here they are.

BloggerImage

And this is what we watched.

BloggerImage

And some of this.

BloggerImage

We even stood back whilst seven ladies (pretended to) kick the poo out of a big bloke. That's him lying in the middle of the ring (also pretending to be) dead.

BloggerImage

The highlight was watching AJ Styles, the newly-crowned WWE World Heavyweight Champion, retain his title.  He's phenomenal.

BloggerImage

Told you.

Despite all the excitement,  I didn't sleep well afterwards.  I was too nervous.

That's because today was the day that CarFest North tickets went on sale and there are never any guarantees.  If you're a Radio 2 listener or Chris Evans fan, you'll know what I'm talking about.  If not, it's a event organised by Chris Evans on Radio 2 and tickets are really hard to get.


We've been for the last three years - this was what we got up to in 2016 -  and it's become a signpost for the start of the schools holidays.

We were in two minds about going next year - for all of two seconds.  But when we heard that Madness, The Proclaimers, Status Quo, Bananarama and  Peter Kay (DJing) were on the bill, we knew we had to got for it. 

Initially it seemed like all the tickets had gone.  That was until a weekend family camping ticket suddenly appeared - and I quickly shoved it into my virtual basket before virtually tripping up as I rushed to the virtual checkout.  But job's a good 'un and no-one is more excited than me (including Jamie who might even get to meet his hero Bear Grylls, also due to make an appearance).

However, even those levels of exhilaration are guaranteed to be surpassed tonight if Northern Ireland's footballers get a positive result in their World Cup Finals play-off first leg against Switzerland. 

I'm sorry I can't be in Belfast, but I will most certainly be there in spirit. Well, Guinness.


Let's hope it's physically possible to drink one (or maybe two...) with my fingers crossed.

No comments:

Post a Comment