Sunday 3 May 2009

Boys' time coming up

Louise has just departed Chez White, bound for Australia via Skipton, Bristol, some place in Wales with a frankly stupid name and Manchester. Surely there's a quicker route. But I think she had fun whilst here.

Yesterday, after Wee John squeaked a narrow victory over me at golf (which was a rather poor effort, given how crap I am with a golf stick), Louise, Vanessa and Jamie joined us for a posh lunch in a country pub. And, at night, I cooked (I know).

The menu of Sticky Honey Ribs Barry followed by Gaelic Steaks Barry seemed to go down well and so far everyone has lived to tell the tale. Wee John's wine purchases also went down well - and a hell of a lot went down.

Following a few days of poorliness, Jamie slept through till six o'clock this morning - only about the third time ever he's done it - so he, Uncle Wee John and I are now ready for some male bonding.

There's certainly at least two pubs in Pudsey that let kids in.


No comments:

Post a Comment