Monday 25 May 2009

The christening

Boy, I'm rough - perhaps the 14 hours of drinking played a part.

But it was a great day yesterday. Indeed, it was flawless.

Jamie was almost well behaved during the ceremony despite the minister playing havoc with his hair by dousing it in about a gallon and a half of Holy water.

The star of the formal bit was my little nephew and Jamie's proud godfather Sebastian who did his reading brilliantly. It was only afterwards that I admitted to him that I wouldn't have been brave enough to do it had I been in his shoes.

Then it was off to Johnstons Bar for the christening party which, again, couldn't have been better - thanks to Clare Johnston and to Susan for that.
And what about the (chocolate fudge) cake?! My mum organised it with a local baker and no-one would dare touch the half featuring Jamie's face. But rest assured, I will do a lot of damage to it in the days ahead.

The final part of the day was Detective Inspector Fitzpatrick's barbecue in Portstewart. He even bought some hair in for the event.

Drunk boy for the occasion was Wee John but, given his teeny tininess, it was hardly a shock. Still, where there's a problem there's obviously an opportunity and it was one I was determined not to miss.
Oh, and there was also the karaoke.

As for the rest of the week, we're due to head off on a boat trip later today courtesy of Wee John's larger-than-life brother-in-law Big Tony (above right). And tomorrow, we head to Fermanagh for a few days of fun on the lakes.

Thursday in particular will be a special day and, although I won't be able to access a computer again until Saturday, I have written a new post which will miraculously appear here at one minute past midnight on Thursday morning.

I'm now off to find a life jacket (and some headache tablets).

No comments:

Post a Comment