Thursday 7 May 2009

Meet Mr Party


We've had another new addition to the family and his name is Mr Party.

Although he may sound like a clown, a naff magician or a mobile disco DJ, he is actually a chair - or a "booster seat," to give him his proper title. And as his name suggests, he's foreign made (probably by an "amusing" Belgian).

Although we have a high chair here at home for Jamie and his Grandma Judy has one for when he's visiting her and his Grandad Mike, there are still times when it's useful to have something to plunk him into when we're out and about and he needs to eat (especially now that his bum has outgrown his Bumbo - which I think is a little ironic).

So I went looking for a booster seat this lunchtime. And after brief stops at Argos and Mothercare, I found Mr Party in TK Maxx for the tidy sum of two tenners - £15 less than the Recommended Retail Price (I'm a sucker for things like that).

I'm also a bit gullible when it comes to the blurb on the boxes of potential purchases, but who could fail to be impressed by the remarkable capabilities of Mr Party as outlined on his packaging?

For example, he has not one but two "adjustable straps" which can be "easily and safely fixed to the chair." Good stuff.

Mr Party is "adjustable to three different positions to the follow the child's growth." Forward-thinking - I like it.

He has a "practical, adjustable and removable tray." An altogether flexible new friend, I'm sure you'll agree.

He comes with his very own "attractive food container" - brilliant - which is "dishwasher and microwave safe" AND "can be slotted into the back of the seat for easy storage." Seriously, could Mr Party be any more exciting? I'm delighted to tell you the answer is a resounding yes.

For he also has a "three-point safety belt to provide extra safety" and an "adjustable shoulder strap" which "makes it easy" for us to carry Mr Party around.

But I've left the best till last - you'll love this.

Mr Party's "bear shape and lively colours" make him both "fun and attractive." And so says all of me.

Sadly, because I was in a bit of a rush tonight, I haven't yet had the chance to introduce Jamie to Mr Party. But I'm sure he will be pleased.

And hopefully so will I - when I actually get round to opening the box.

No comments:

Post a Comment