Wednesday 13 May 2009

Bestie involved in tear-up

Whilst I was delighted a few weeks ago to see Jamie's first teeth "Chip and Dale" take up residence in his bottom jaw followed soon afterwards by "Healy," his new front man, the situation has just moved on.

For "Bestie" - Healy's partner up front - is now almost with us and his influence is already causing problems for Daddy's defence. (Just tell me at any time if you're bored with this metaphor and I'll stop).

Yesterday morning, Jamie put his head on my arm and a couple of seconds later I felt a sharp pain in my bicep.

Any thought that he'd bitten me was quickly dismissed as Chip, Dale and Healy are all still quite small and Jamie hasn't yet been showing any real signs of wanting to bite things. Like arms.

That was until last night when he ripped a big chunk out of his bath time sponge (above) whilst having a soak. Further examination of his mouth then revealed the presence of Bestie, who had nipped in unseen to make his mark (I'll keep going if you've got the time).

Then stupidly early this morning during 90 minutes of wrestling in the spare room, he came at me on several occasions like Hannibal the Cannonball (as my late grandmother would no doubt have referred to yer scary man behind the glass) mouth open, jaws chomping.

As I wrote last night, I'm heading off in the morning for a long weekend of motorbikes (and hydration) - so he can now chew on Vanessa instead.

PS In case you've nothing better to do, I will try to access my mum's computer for a few minutes on Friday to let you know how things are going at the North West. Be good until then or, if you're riding a motorbike, be safe.

No comments:

Post a Comment