Monday 4 May 2009

Scooby Who?

It's not every day you get to meet a cartoon legend in your local supermarket but yesterday Jamie had that chance. And I'm still not entirely sure what he made of it.

Scooby Doo was making a personal appearance in Asda so I parked Jamie up in front of him to see what happened. And, well, nothing really did happen.

Jamie just stared at him with the blankest expression he could muster. The more he stared, the more the big old dog "Scooby-Dooby-Dooed" at him. But Jamie refused to break his stare. Some woman with Scooby (it must've been his agent) then planted a Scooby sticker on young White. But he decided against blinking in acknowledgement. So I just wheeled him away. Perhaps a Scooby Snack would have been prompted greater enthusiasm.

Following this little encounter, Uncle Wee John and I took Jamie to the park to spend time with some divorcees.

Sunday is access day for many estranged husbands in Pudsey and I allowed Uncle Wee John to play the role of dad.

First he took Jamie on the swings, beating his way past several studded and tattooed specimens to bag one. (Some of the dads also had tattoos).

Then he put Jamie on the roundabout.

And when it was all over, he handed the little boy over to another adult - in this case me - to be taken home for his tea. As I say, it was a common scene.

No comments:

Post a Comment