Saturday 24 October 2009

Balls to hoovering


I appear to have found the solution to wives badgering beleaguered husbands to do a bit of hoovering. Balls.

And when I say balls, thankfully, I don't mean standing up to these wife-folk, for that could obviously be very bad for the physical wellbeing of us husband-folk.

No, I mean get them a hoover with a big ball in it.

Vanessa found an offer (another thing wives are good for) a few days ago in which you could trade in your battered old Dyson (one of which we happened to have) in return for a discounted "Dyson Ball Vacuum Cleaner" (right).

She asked my opinion before proceeding with the deal. And, of course, I had very strong views.

Vanessa: "What do you think?"

Barry: "Yeah, whatever."


Anyway, she proceeded to arrive home with this thing and now absolutely loves it - LOVES IT.

She has long complained that our house is too big for one person to hoover and that we should consider hiring a cleaner (over my twitching corpse). But now there's simply not enough carpets for her new toy - which apparently has "great manoeuvrability" - to suck on.

So fellow men, hear my call:

Let your ladies get their balls out and, before you know it, the only whining you'll hear will be from the hoover rather than their sweet, angelic little mouths - at least for a day or two.

1 comment:

  1. We have 'a ball' at our house, and we love it too. to the extent even the 11 and 8 year olds sometimes use it!!!!!! Rach xx

    ReplyDelete