Saturday 3 October 2009

A (fat) chance discovery

There is a view that a disproportionately large number of fat people live in the North of England and, certainly, there is some evidence to support this.

But they don't appear to live in Burnley.

I went to the Lancashire town this afternoon to watch the newly promoted local football team take on Birmingham City in the Premier League.

I'll tell you more about the trip tomorrow but, before X Factor comes on, I thought it might be interesting to show you a picture of the turnstiles at Turf Moor, home of Burnley FC.

Have a look and my point becomes obvious. Because no authentic "big fat Northern b*stard" could possibly squeeze through one of those doors.

The only conclusion I can therefore reach is that Burnley - or its football fans at the very least - is the skinny exception which proves the fat Northerner rule.

Have good evening.

No comments:

Post a Comment