Tuesday 13 October 2009

Just empty them, you ****s!

It's often exhilarating to jump out of bed in the morning with a sense of anticipation for what the new day will bring.

Will your expectations be fulfilled?

Will your goals be reached?

Will you come home at night feeling that something has been achieved?

These are all feelings that I have at this early hour, but I'm not exhilarated about them. And there's a very good reason.

For today I'm wondering whether Leeds City Council are finally going to empty our bins and take away the stacks of bin liners that our neighbours and ourselves have accumulated over the last six weeks (or is it seven?) since the refuse collectors last visited our street.

As I said when I first wrote about this a little while ago, I'm not necessarily angry at the striking binmen themselves (although I'm not best pleased), but I am becoming apoplectic with the Council.

They've hired contractors to fill the void left by those on the picket line and I know for certain that almost all parts of Leeds have had their bins emptied at least twice since the dispute began - but not ours.

Last Friday, Vanessa took the unusual step - for her - of writing to the (Liberal Democrat) Council Leader to essentially ask what the **** was going on. But his standard response had a similar aroma to our bins.

So, when I come home tonight, I really do hope that:
  1. my expectations have been fulfilled i.e. our bins have been emptied
  2. my goals have been reached i.e. our bins have been emptied
  3. something has been achieved i.e. our bins have been emptied

Otherwise it's going to be another week at least and drastic action will most definitely need to be considered.

Watch this space.

No comments:

Post a Comment