Thursday 8 October 2009

The best seat in...erm...my house

Meet my seat.

And it's from this very spot where I will shortly be watching Conservative Leader David Cameron's party conference speech, live from Manchester.

Some of you may be wondering why I'm not witnessing it from rather closer quarters i.e. inside the conference hall itself. But I have the answer.

Basically, the hall isn't that big and, because I'm not very important, I would have to queue for about an hour and a half to have a chance of getting in. And if I did eventually get a perch, would probably have to relinquish it to a pushy old person with a stick.

So, taking all of this into account, I decided to return to Pudsey with a packet of biscuits to watch yer man do his thing.

Being the last night, I stayed out a little longer yesterday evening than on Monday and Tuesday - and retained all my faculties.

Highlights included Steve Nallon - the bloke who did Margaret Thatcher's voice on Spitting Image - doing, well, his Margaret Thatcher impression. That boy's really got range.

I also had a little drinkie with two old acquaintances from Banbridge, Belinda and Joanie, in what turned into a full-on Norn Iron night. (Just for the record, Joanie is the older of the two acquaintances but, as Belinda's mother, that's not unexpected).

Right then, kettle on...

No comments:

Post a Comment