Thursday 1 October 2009

Sit on that

I went hunter gathering in Bradford yesterday lunchtime (kind of).

But rather than going out with a big spear and coming back with a big bear for tea, I ventured forth unarmed before returning with a bicycle child carrier and a baby helmet. So, very similar.

You may remember that, last weekend, my local bike shop quoted me several tenners more than £100 for a child carrier. Since then, the Whites' economic situation has worsened significantly - diesel, petrol car, etc etc - so the cheaper Halford's option suddenly became more attractive than ever. But, I have to say, I'm pleased with my purchases.

Unsurprisingly, Jamie initially seemed much more interested in his new blue helmet emblazoned with lots of cars than his seat. (He should really be too small for a helmet yet but he's got a massive head so we're alright).

But then he decided to investigate the many possibilities offered by his new perch (which I reckon could be the actual one used as Tom Cruise's ejector seat in Top Gun. It's certainly the right size).
He even climbed in for a try.

However, a couple of minutes later, the boredom kicked in along with the realisation that he hates having anything on his aforementioned massive head.

I hereby declare that I will summon the enthusiasm to fit his new throne to my bike in time for Christmas. Maybe even this Christmas.

No comments:

Post a Comment