Thursday 12 July 2012

At least I was in the right place


I had a bit of a daddy (some might say baby) strop at Jamie and Charlotte's nursery earlier today.

The modern trend before kids leave nurseries these days (which I only recently became aware of) is for them to get dressed up in mortar boards and gowns to receive their "graduation" certificates - AWWWWW!!!/BARF!!! (delete according to preference).  I would be an AWWWWW!!! man. 

And today was to be Jamie's big day.  But the nursery ballsed it up on two fronts. 

First, they advised that the formal pictures had actually been taken some time ago and so the "ceremony" itself would be small scale and barely worth the effort.  Plus, few parents went anyway  - so neither did I.   It subsequently turned out that lots did turn up today.

I then arrived to find that they hadn't taken a pic of Jamie in the garb after all and the photographer wasn't coming back. 

Excellent. 

I didn't swear (there were kids present) and I wasn't rude, but I did stamp my little booties in a manner the nursery staff were no doubt used to seeing (although not from me).  I wasn't happy and I'm still not.

On the upside, at least Jamie did have a certificate to bring home.

The bit at the bottom is the best, reading as follows:

"We will remember you because of your humerous (sic) conversations and love for computers."

Very nice (despite the spelling).

The also gave him a present to show that, in Jamie's words, "they'll miss me and they want me to be happy."

Also very nice.

But where's his ******* picture?!