Friday 6 July 2012

I´m a man with a plan

It´s the last full day of our holiday - we leave tomorrow morning - and am I downhearted?  Yes, absolutely.

The problem with seven day trips is that, just as you´re getting into the swings of things, it´s time to go home.  And I don´t think that´s fair.

However, I always have a plan and, as soon as we get back to Guiseley, I´m off to buy a fistful of National Lottery tickets.  We will then return by private jet on Monday, giving us a whole day to put a couple of washes through and repack.

Before we leave (and then come back), we still have a lot to do.  Jamie and Charlotte are having their final sessions at "Little Stars" and "Twinkle Stars" respectively, and then we´re off to the water park to get soaked.  Getting soaked is something I got very accustomed to yesterday after making the serious strategic error of buying Jamie a pump-action water pistol.  At the very least I should have got two, giving me a fighting chance of squirting back.

On our return from the water park, we hope to have time for a last dip in the pool here before heading out for the stage show (pics and clips to follow). 

My major problem today is dealing with a ridiculous number of insect bites on my face and neck - which no-one else seems to have.  I´ve even got one on each temple, making me look more like Shrek than I did when I arrived.  Still, they´ll heal.

I´ll "talk" to you again after my Lottery win.