Monday 17 September 2012

A (Ginger) Knight's Tale


A bizarre little episode at teatime last night, which Jamie and Charlotte's Godmother/Auntie Vicky very kindly joined us for (it's nice to have company once in a while). 

Just as we adults were finishing up our coffee and girlie chat (I like to listen and make an occasional contribution), Charlotte approached the table with a look of grave concern.

She was carrying a ginger-haired knight. 


Now, I haven't seen many knight films, but I am struggling to recall a carrot-topped hero in any of them. And Charlotte would appear to have experienced a similar void.  

So the ginger knight's hair had to change.  Vicky and Vanessa initially tried to fob her off. But, after briefly disappearing, Charlotte soon returned with a new dark mane for our wannabe warrior.  


And refused to budge until the emergency transplant took place.


Ever politically-correct, I have long argued that ginger people are people too (especially my ginger friends who read this blog).  As such, ginger knights, in my view, have as much right to be knights as brown or blonde-haired knights, or even baldies.


After Charlotte went to bed, I therefore made a point of returning our brave knight to all his ginger glory.

But I did take the precaution of sticking a helmet on him, just in case he runs into madam again later.